Relationships, whether it is only a couple of years of dating or a decade of marriage, need to be spiced up every now and then to keep the spark going. Sometimes, the romance hit a plateau and things get boring, affecting the relationship, on the process. Even intimacy and sex often fall on a routine that it does not hold any allure anymore.
Do not wait for your love life to be at a standstill before you add spice to it. Make it a point to keep it interesting between you and your partner so that your love life will also blossom as you grow as a couple or as separate individuals.
- Come Up With Surprises. Give your loved one with a gift or a love note. Or, cook a nice meal and have breakfast together in bed. Break the routine and come up with something that your mate does not expect from you.
- Improve Yourself. Before you come up with something for your partner, take a look at yourself first in the mirror. Contentment comes from within and it is important that you feel good about yourself so you can bring in something good to the relationship. Work out your body to make it look better. Dress up and change your hairstyle for a new “you”. Learn a new skill, like cooking or dancing, that you can later on use to spice up your love life.
- Keep the Spontaneity. Don’t be frugal with your kisses. Sometimes, a peck or a simple touch can convey a lot of things. Express adoration every now and then and do not be afraid to say how much you love your partner. Be spontaneous with your actions so that your sincerity will show through.
- Plan Exciting Dates or Vacations. Travel with your partner, get a massage together or try new things. It helps your relationship grow when you acquire a novel experience together.
- Support Each Other. Always find time to talk about each other. Listen to what your partner needs. Do something for your lover that he or she will appreciate it. Watch his game or an activity that she needs to do. Your presence and time is more precious than anything else.